History and origin of this project :
Having visited many provinces in Kenya, over time we have got to know and follow our suppliers for over a decade. The lines of products they offer are still in production and it is even possible to ask for special orders.
The idea to go ahead with this entrepreneurship materialised after an observation phase of 10 years. It is not a coincidence but a succession of positive signs both in Kenya and France to begin the activity.
The original idea is to combine business with pleasure because we love spending time in Kenya.
Our motivations are quite varied :
- To be in line with 'quality of life' values,
- To make ethnic groups of women prosper where the women cannot succeed alone
- To teach, train and especially restore dignity to disadvantaged but willing populations
- To be able to live from our activity in a responsible and ethical manner
The advantage points :
- We know the producers and we know that they are responsible, reliable and able to react quickly
- We share the same vision for an ethical and responsible development
- The products are of an excellent quality and impeccably hand made
Our offer :
- Propose rare, exotic and original products
- Have an ethical and responsible buying policy
- Selling points : Direct(Foire de Paris, Unesco, local markets) ,Showroom, Internet and shops.
- Possibility to customise certain products
- Sell high quality products with respect for the planet
The characteristices of the products are different to what is normally found in the commerce at present. Each item is manufactured and produced entirely by hand and is hence unique.
The positive aspects of the products are the uniqueness, the unusual scents, impeccable craftsmanship, a very chic presentation and with opportunities to reuse the packaging.
The pricing policy is comparable to Fair trade products and in addition, the products are rare.
We pay our suppliers 100% of the order as soon as we order
All our suppliers have a community account on the premesis for the groups of artisans (who also perceive their wages) to develop other infrastructures such as the education of their children.
For each product purchased, a small portion of the revenue is set aside for these funds or community account.
Finally, some of our suppliers are members of the WFTO (World Fair Trade Organization).